Creamy, flavorful, rich, and irresistibly delicious Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing that complements just about anything. Your search for the perfect recipe for Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing ends here.
Say goodbye to those store-bought seasoning packets. Creating your own Ranch Seasoning Mix is quick and easy, using ingredients you likely already have on hand. It’s ideal for crafting your own homemade ranch dressing or whipping up a tasty ranch dip from scratch.
How to Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix (Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch)
- 1/2 cup Dry Buttermilk Powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried Onion Flakes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried Dill weed
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried Parsley
- 2 tablespoons granulated Onion
- 1 tablespoon dried Chives
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, then transfer the mixture to an airtight glass jar and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- For Ranch Dressing preparation, simply mix 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix with ½ cup of mayonnaise and ½ cup of whole milk. Whisk everything together until well combined, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Give it a stir when you're ready to use it.
- For Ranch Dip, blend 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix with 16 ounces of sour cream. For the best flavor, refrigerate this mixture, covered, for at least 1 hour before serving. Give it a good stir before it's ready to be enjoyed.
Place the seasoning mix into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Here are a few ideas for using ranch seasoning mix:
Homemade Ranch Dip
Mix together ¼ cup of ranch seasoning mix with 1 cup of sour cream and 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
Mix together ¼ cup ranch seasoning mix with 1 cup mayonnaise, ½ cup sour cream, and ½ cup buttermilk.
Ranch Chicken Fingers
When dredging chicken tenders in flour, egg, and cornflakes, add 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning mix to the flour to give more flavor.
Toss 8 cups of popcorn with 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix.
Roasted Ranch Potato Wedges
Toss 1 pound of potato wedges with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix. Roast at 400ºF for about 30 minutes, until tender.
Does homemade ranch taste better?
In the homemade you can really taste the herbs and buttermilk.
Why is restaurant ranch so creamy?
While many restaurants use mass produced ranch mix, they often add it to a higher-quality base. This might include milk, buttermilk, sour cream, or mayonnaise. So when you notice that the ranch in a restaurant tastes better than the bottled dressing from the store, what you’re really tasting is delicious, creamy fat.
What gives ranch its Flavour?
It’s a combination of creaminess (from buttermilk, sour cream, sometimes mayonnaise) and herbaceousness (often parsley, thyme, dill), plus a long pull of allium (onion and garlic) and a shot of black pepper.
How do restaurants make their ranch so good?
Scratch ranch relies on fresh herbs and aromatics, which bring bite and those pops of grassy flavor that dried or powdered versions never can, so you get an eating experience that is elevated. Usually, ranch recipes will contain fresh buttermilk, and sometimes sour cream as well, for a tang that is really balanced.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning is easy to make and convenient to keep on hand. Use it for dips and dressings or in any recipe that calls for a packet of ranch seasoning.
You can also use the mix to make homemade ranch dip and homemade ranch dressing.
And you can add it to any of your favorite savory recipes!