Get ready for a new favorite with this incredibly creamy and flavorful vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe! It’s made with avocado, plant-based sour cream, fresh herbs, lemon juice, and a few more easy ingredients, all blended to silky perfection. This vegetarian and low-carb dressing can be used as a dip, spread it on sandwiches or burgers, or drizzle it over greens for a delicious salad!
WHAT IS AVOCADO RANCH DRESSING?
Avocado ranch dressing made at home boasts a luxurious creamy texture complemented by the natural herbiness of fresh dill and parsley. These flavors are perfectly matched with the richness of smooth avocado, yogurt or sour cream, and a touch of milk, all balanced with a gentle acidity. If you’re a fan of ranch dressing, you’re likely to enjoy avocado ranch too.
Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 Big Avocado. Remove seed and skin
- 1/4 tablespoons cup Plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons Lemon Juice or White Vinega
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoons Dried Parsley or 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Black Pepper as per your taste
- Salt as per your taste
- 1/2 tablespoons Dried Onion or 1 tsp raw onion
- 1/2 tablespoons Dried Chives or 1 tsp fresh chives
- 1/2 tablespoons Dried Dill or 1 tsp fresh dill
Here are the simple ingredients needed for this creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing recipe:
- Avocado: One large Haas avocado or two small ones, ripe but not jumbo-sized for the best results.
- Sour Cream: A vegan sour cream works well, or you can use plain yogurt or Greek yogurt.
- Mayonnaise: Adds creaminess to the dressing.
- Lemon Juice: Provides a hint of citrus to prevent avocado browning; lime juice can be used for a different flavor.
- Herbs: Fresh dill and parsley are essential for that classic ranch taste; you can use dried herbs but reduce the amount to 1/3 of the fresh amount.
- Seasoning: Garlic powder and onion powder are both crucial for achieving the authentic ranch flavor.
- Milk: Oat milk is recommended for a creamy vegan option, but buttermilk is closest to the traditional ranch taste. Ensure it’s unsweetened. Regular or skim milk can be used but will result in a thinner dressing.
Below, you’ll find the steps for making this Avocado Ranch recipe:
1. Process the Avocado and Yogurt:
- Add the avocado, yogurt, and lemon juice to a food processor. You can use a mini-prep food processor or a high-speed blender like a Nutribullet.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds, or until the avocado is smooth with no remaining chunks.
2. Season and Make it Thinner:
Next, put in the mayonnaise, dill, parsley, garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, and a bit of milk into the food processor along with the avocado-yogurt mixture.
Blend the ingredients until they’re just mixed. Be cautious not to over-blend the mayo, as it can separate when blended for too long. Adding mayo after blending the avocado prevents this.
Transfer the dressing into an airtight container, such as a mason jar with a tightly sealed lid.
Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. This allows the flavors of the avocado dressing to blend together nicely before you serve it.
Meal Prep and Storage:
Preparing in Advance: It’s best to enjoy this sauce shortly after making it for the freshest flavor and vibrant color.
Storing: Transfer the dressing into a tall, airtight jar. Reducing its exposure to air helps maintain its quality. Cover the top of the sauce tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from turning brown. You can store it for up to 3-4 days. It might undergo a slight color change after one or two days but is still safe to consume.
Freezing: I don’t recommend freezing it because it contains both mayo and sour cream, which can separate when thawed.
The recipe provided is already gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb as is. However, you can make some adjustments or substitutions to accommodate other dietary preferences:
- Dairy-free: Opt for a plant-based or nut-based sour cream and milk.
- Vegan, Paleo, Whole30: Select plant-based or nut-based sour cream, milk, and mayonnaise.
- Keto: Look for sour cream and milk options with no added sugar.
Is Avocado Ranch Healthy? Vegan? Keto?
Avocado ranch dressing is generally considered healthy, and it’s suitable for a Keto diet, even though it tends to be higher in calories. To make it vegan, use plant-based sour cream and milk.
How Long Does Homemade Avocado Ranch Last?
You can store this dressing in the refrigerator for three to four days. However, please note that its color may start to change after one or two days because of the avocado content.
Can I Freeze Avocado Ranch?
Freezing avocado ranch is not recommended because it can cause both the mayonnaise and yogurt to separate, affecting the texture and consistency of the dressing.
How long does homemade ranch last? Or How long is homemade ranch good for
Two Weeks. To keep your homemade ranch dressing fresh, store it in an airtight container like a mason jar in the refrigerator. When stored properly, your homemade ranch will stay good in the fridge for about two weeks. If you notice any discoloration or strange smells, it’s time to discard it and make a new batch!
Can you prepare ranch dressing in advance?
Absolutely! In fact, it’s a good idea because the flavors need time to blend together, so making it a day or two ahead is even better.
How to Store Ranch Dressing?
As for storing ranch dressing, simply use an airtight container like a mason jar, and it will stay fresh for up to two weeks.
Expert Tips and Tricks:
- Fresh herbs are crucial for the best flavor, so opt for fresh dill and parsley.
- Add the mayo last to avoid over-processing, which can lead to separation.
- If you don’t have sour cream, yogurt is a great alternative.
- Be creative with how you use this dressing – it goes well with breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Store the dressing in a way that minimizes exposure to air to prevent oxidation and maintain its green color.
- Allow the dressing to rest in the refrigerator before serving to let the flavors meld together.
What to Serve with Avocado Ranch:
You can enjoy this creamy avocado ranch in various ways. It makes a great dip for veggies, a versatile condiment, or a tasty salad dressing. Here are some delicious dishes to pair with it:
- Use it as a dip for fresh vegetables.
- Drizzle it on your favorite salad for a creamy twist.
- Serve it as a condiment for sandwiches or burgers.
- Enjoy it as a dressing for pasta or grain salads.
- Use it as a dip for nachos or tortilla chips.
- Pair it with your favorite Mexican dishes like tacos or burritos.
- Enjoy it as a flavorful topping for baked potatoes or sweet potato fries.
- Use it as a dip for chicken tenders or nuggets.
- Serve it alongside your favorite appetizers as a dipping sauce.
The possibilities are endless, so get creative and discover your favorite way to enjoy this creamy avocado ranch!
MORE HEALTHY ranchology recipes RECIPES
Making homemade dressings is surprisingly simple and healthier than store-bought hidden valley ranch versions. Skip the supermarket dressings and explore one more best ranch dressing recipe home: Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe