When you’ve just relocated to your new home, the first thing you’d think about is how you can make it more inviting for you and your family.
However, the process of decorating a living space can be a bit expensive if you opt to buy some ready-made decorations to fill in your place. Luckily, there are plenty of DIY home decor ideas that you can try once you get settled in.
Thus, if you’re looking to make your new home more welcoming without spending a huge amount of money, below are some DIY home decors you can consider from the get-go:
- Book Side Table
One of the best home decor ideas you can try for yourself is the book side table. If you have lots of books or encyclopedias which have no use anymore, you can convert them into a little side table in your living room where you can put your small stuff while watching t.v. Not only that but it can also add beauty to your living space. Moreover, the good thing about this home decor is that it’s easy to use and doesn’t have to cost you more money.
So, to make a book side table, the following steps should be considered:
- Look for a selection of books or encyclopedias that you can use in creating a side table.
- Arrange and pile them on top of one another depending on the book thickness and the height you want.
- Put two strips of the double-sided tape on the book cover at the bottom. Glue another book on top of another to form a pile of them.
- Position a small glass table on top of the books with adhesive tape so it sticks with it. Once you’re done, your DIY table is ready.
As you can see, decorating your new home doesn’t have to be expensive. You may have unused items like piles of books in your storage room that you may use as DIY home decor. That’s why if you have plans of repurposing some old items into home decorations, then you should consider working with moving specialists like Veteran Movers from brooklyn for the safe transportation of these things into your new home.
- Spoon Display
If you have a collection of spoons in your kitchen, you don’t have to store them in the drawers from time to time. Instead, you can take advantage of it by displaying it as a DIY home decor for your new dwelling place.
So, to come up with a great spoon display in your new kitchen, consider the following steps:
- Use a piece of plywood to serve as a display board.
- Create spoon markings on the plywood by laying them and marking a spot on both sides of the spoon.
- Drill holes on the markings, loop wires through the holes, and twist wire ends together at the back of the spoon to secure. Once you’re finished, hang your spoon display in the kitchen.
- Print-Out Art
Another do-it-yourself home decor to try for your new home is the print-out art. By using this home decor, you can dress up your empty walls and make your whole place refreshing and vibrant.
To create a print-out art, you can keep the following things in mind:
- Browse all your photos and get the favorite one to be your print-out art.
- Get that favorite photo enlarged and create a quick frame by attaching strips of wood at the top and bottom.
- Once you’re done, hang it to make your new home more refreshing.
- Wall String Art
Another artistic home decor you can use for your new home is a wall string art. For example, you can update your bedroom with this DIY decoration by writing the word “rest” or even “wash” in your laundry room. By doing this, you’re able to make your new space colorful and vibrant.
To make a wall string art, the following things should be taken into account:
- Cut out letters using a craft paper.
- Create nail hole markings using a pencil.
- Hammer copper nails on the walls and form the word by wrapping the nails using a colored yarn.
- Chalk Wall Calendar
If you’ve just done moving into your new home, creating a chalk wall calendar can be an excellent DIY home decor idea. This can add fun to your entryway’s overall decor while staying organized.
To decorate your new home’s entryway with a great chalk wall calendar, keep the following steps in mind:
- Tape off a 35-square grid using a painter’s tape and paint it with chalkboard paint. Let the paint dry for a few minutes.
- Remove the tape and make some final touches on the rough edges.
- Once you’re done, you can now list down all your tasks that can help you keep organized after moving in.
Indeed, making DIY home decors can be a good way to bring life and color to a boring, empty space. This is especially true if you’ve just moved in and everything isn’t yet in order.
Fortunately, by keeping these DIY home decors in mind, you can make your new home an inviting place to live in.